We had an encouraging turn out for our meeting, held after the general meeting last Monday, February 7th.
Rachel led the meeting and after a few notices a full discussion on the forthcoming Beaver Scout Event ‘Save the Planet’ was held.
We were pleased to welcome Dan, our ACC Cubs and also the District Communications Manager, to our meeting and spent a few moments learning about the new District website and also discussing the “Moving On” Award that encourages Beavers to move on to Cubs as they reach the age of eight.
The main information and points for discussion were:
- The Beaver Scout Leaders’ County Workshop had unfortunately been cancelled.
- Olwen had contacted the Air Museum at Middle Wallop following their request for participants in their “People’s Project” inspired by the Platinum Jubilee but had not received a response.
- Interest had been expressed by one leader for a District Trip to Brownsea Island and there was a very positive response from the other colony representatives. We agreed to investigate possibilities.
- Congratulations to three more Beaver Scouts, one from Laverstock and two from Wilton who had achieved their Bronze Award.
- Colonies are asked to check that the money for County 35-year Beaver Badges has been sent to the District Treasurer.
Beaver Scout “Save the Planet” Event. Wilton Scout HQ. Saturday 5th March 2pm -5pm.
Details have been circulated to all colonies (thank you Hannah for putting these together)
and further updates have been included in the notes sent to leaders after Monday’s meeting.
Olwen and Rachel.